This page provides a detailed list of Iowa's pumpkin patches, corn mazes, hay rides and other Halloween farm stuff!! Click here to see the listings of pumpkin patches, corn mazes and farms in Iowa or just scroll down the page! Some are farms, where you take a hay ride out into the field, others are elaborate farm stands with mountains of pumpkins and other activities and some are simple roadside stands. All should have loads of pumpkins to choose from. To really make it fun for your kids, look for those that have the extra activities, like a corn maze, spook house, or hayride. There is usually a small fee for the mazes (of course, the more elaborate mazes tend to charge more. Hayrides are often free. ALWAYS call before you go to confirm all information, they don't always report changes to me!
- Metropolitan Des Moines area
- Northwestern Iowa, Sioux Falls area
- Southwestern Iowa, Omaha area
- Northeastern Iowa, Dubuque, etc.
- Central eastern Iowa - Cedar Rapids, Davenport, Iowa City, etc.
- Southeastern Iowa
- Crop availability / harvest calendar
- To find choose and cut-your-own Christmas tree farms, click here.
Click on the map for the area you are interested in!
Iowa County Map
Current weather - click for forecast, or enter a zip code for a different location:
We have loads of related resources here, too.
- What is the history of Halloween?
- Halloween around the world
- How to choose a pumpkin
- How to EASILY carve a beautiful Jack-O-Lantern, fully illustrated!
- How to make a pumpkin pie from an actual pumpkin (it's easy!)
- Other pumpkin recipes (pie, soup, bread, roasted seeds)
- History of the Jack-o-Lantern
- Tips for a safe and fun Halloween
- Halloween clip art
- Pumpkin Facts and What to do with the pumpkin after Halloween.
- Halloween links to Halloween web sites
On our Pick-your-own website, we also have pages with our own simple instructions on canning, freezing and drying many other fruits and vegetables, such as how to make jam, apple butter, applesauce, spaghetti sauce, salsa, pickles, ketchup or freezing corn (these links open new pages, just close them to return here). Be sure to come back at Christmas if you are looking for a cut-your-own Christmas tree farm! Look at the bottom of the page for links to resources on home canning, picking tips, recipes, etc..
I'm always looking for
more to add and feedback about any patch, stand or farm you have visited, so write me using the Feedback
form! And if you have
a farm and want to add it or correct the information, please click on Add My Farm!
Do you know of any more pumpkin patches, corn mazes, or other special Halloween events? Please tell me about them - Click here to write to me!
Events and related links: