Click on the links below for your area of Illinois
Click on your area on the map below the links!
- To find fruit and vegetable pick-your-own fruit and vegetable farms in Illinois, click here.
- To find choose and cut-your-own Christmas tree farms in Illinois, click here.
- What is the history of Halloween?
- Halloween around the world
- Halloween facts
- How to choose a pumpkin
- How to EASILY carve a beautiful Jack-O-Lantern, fully illustrated!
- How to make a pumpkin pie from an actual pumpkin (it's easy!)
- Other pumpkin recipes (pie, soup, bread, roasted seeds)
- History of the Jack-o-Lantern
- Tips for a safe and fun Halloween
- Halloween clip art
- Pumpkin Facts and What to do with the pumpkin after Halloween.
- Halloween links to Halloween web sites
Some are farms, where you take a hay ride out into the field, others are elaborate farm stands with mountains of pumpkins and other activities and some are simple roadside stands. All should have loads of pumpkins to choose from. To really make it fun for your kids, look for those that have the extra activities, like a corn maze, spook house, or hayride. There is usually a small fee for the mazes (of course, the more elaborate mazes tend to charge more. Hayrides are often free. ALWAYS call before you go to confirm all information, they don't always report changes to me!We have loads of related resources here, too.
We also have a page with links to our own simple instructions on canning, freezing and drying many other fruits and vegetables, such as how to make jam, apple butter, applesauce, spaghetti sauce, salsa, pickles, ketchup or freezing corn . Be sure to come back at Christmas if you are looking for a cut-your-own Christmas tree farm! Look at the bottom of the page for links to resources on home canning, picking tips, recipes, etc.
I'm always looking for more to add and feedback about any patch, stand or farm you have visited, so write me using the Feedback form! And if you have a farm and want to add it or correct the information, please click on Add My Farm!
Current weather - click for forecast, or enter a zip code for a different location:
Warning: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead in /home/pumpkinp/public_html/ILpumpkins.php on line 206
Illinois County Map
Our other free, informative sites you may like:
- EHSO.com- Environmental health and safety information and guidance for the home
- If allergies bother you, check out these HEPA air purifiers for use at home and these dust masks for dust, pollen and bacteria, to use when you visit a farm or are outdoors.
- ConsumerFraudReporting.org - Information about identity theft, frauds and scams; how to report them and how to protect your identity.
- And our other related websites!
comments, corrections, suggestions or
to recommend a farm to add?
Or write me at
Permission is given to link to any page on www.pickyourown.org Do NOT copy and republish this page in whole or part, that is a copyright violation which will be prosecuted: link to the page instead!