- What is the history of Halloween?
- Halloween around the world
- How to choose a pumpkin
- How to EASILY carve a beautiful Jack-O-Lantern, fully illustrated!
- How to make a pumpkin pie from an actual pumpkin (it's easy!)
- Other pumpkin recipes (pie, soup, bread, roasted seeds)
- History of the Jack-o-Lantern
- Tips for a safe and fun Halloween
- Halloween clip art
- Pumpkin Facts and What to do with the pumpkin after Halloween.
- Halloween links to Halloween web sites
- click here for central and southern Illinois.
- Or click on the map further down this page!
- To find fruit and vegetable pick-your-own fruit and vegetable farms in Illinois, click here.
- To find choose and cut-your-own Christmas tree farms in Illinois, click here.
Some are farms, where you take a hay ride out into the field, others are elaborate farm stands with mountains of pumpkins and other activities and some are simple roadside stands. All should have loads of pumpkins to choose from. To really make it fun for your kids, look for those that have the extra activities, like a corn maze, spook house, or hayride. There is usually a small fee for the mazes (of course, the more elaborate mazes tend to charge more. Hayrides are often free. ALWAYS call before you go to confirm all information, they don't always report changes to me!We have loads of related resources here, too.
We also have a page with links to our own simple instructions on canning, freezing and drying many other fruits and vegetables, such as how to make jam, apple butter, applesauce, spaghetti sauce, salsa, pickles, ketchup or freezing corn . Be sure to come back at Christmas if you are looking for a cut-your-own Christmas tree farm! Look at the bottom of the page for links to resources on home canning, picking tips, recipes, etc.
I'm always looking for more to add and feedback about any patch, stand or farm you have visited, so write me using the Feedback form! And if you have a farm and want to add it or correct the information, please click on Add My Farm!
Current weather - click for forecast, or enter a zip code for a different location:
- Or click here for Chicago,
- Or click here for Northern Illinois,
- or click here for central Illinois.
- or click here for southern Illinois.
Events and related links: