Select your area from the list below (or the map farther down the page, whichever is easier):
- Abilene area
- Austin area
- Corpus Christi area
- Dallas / Fort Worth (also try northeast TX, , below)
- Houston and south east Texas (also try Austin)
- Lubbock area
- Northeastern Texas
- San Angelo area
- San Antonio area
- Southern tip of Texas
- Southwestern corner of Texas (includes El Paso)
- Wichita Falls area
- To find fruit and vegetable pick-you-own farms in Texas, click here.
- To find choose and cut-your-own Christmas tree farms in Texas, click here.
- What is the history of Halloween?
- Halloween around the world
- Halloween facts
- How to choose a pumpkin
- How to EASILY carve a beautiful Jack-O-Lantern, fully illustrated!
- How to make a pumpkin pie from an actual pumpkin (it's easy!)
- Other pumpkin recipes (pie, soup, bread, roasted seeds)
- History of the Jack-o-Lantern
- Tips for a safe and fun Halloween
- Halloween clip art
- Pumpkin Facts and What to do with the pumpkin after Halloween.
- Halloween links to Halloween web sites
On our Pick-your-own website, we also have pages with our own simple instructions on canning, freezing and drying many other fruits and vegetables, such as how to make jam, apple butter, applesauce, spaghetti sauce, salsa, pickles, ketchup or freezing corn (these links open new pages, just close them to return here). Be sure to come back at Christmas if you are looking for a cut-your-own Christmas tree farm! Look at the bottom of the page for links to resources on home canning, picking tips, recipes, etc..
I'm always looking for more to add and feedback about any patch, stand or farm you have visited, so write me using the Feedback form! And if you have a farm and want to add it or correct the information, please click on Add My Farm!
|Current weather - click for forecast, or enter a zip code for a different location:|
Do you know of any more pumpkin patches, corn mazes, or other special Halloween events? Please tell me about them - Click here to write to me!
Warning: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead in /home/pumpkinp/public_html/TXpumpkins.php on line 239
Texas County Map
Our other free, informative sites you may like:
- EHSO.com- Environmental health and safety information and guidance for the home
- If allergies bother you, check out these HEPA air purifiers for use at home and these dust masks for dust, pollen and bacteria, to use when you visit a farm or are outdoors.
- ConsumerFraudReporting.org - Information about identity theft, frauds and scams; how to report them and how to protect your identity.
- And our other related websites!
comments, corrections, suggestions or
to recommend a farm to add?
Or write me at
Permission is given to link to any page on www.pickyourown.org Do NOT copy and republish this page in whole or part, that is a copyright violation which will be prosecuted: link to the page instead!